Decorating Gingerbread men
Here is the recipe below, if you want to make a larger batch just double the recipe!
Ingredients needed: Makes 10-12
* 75g Butter ( softened)
* 75g Brown Sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon of Bicarbonate Soda
* 50g Golden Syrup
* 1 Egg yolk
* 1/2 teaspoon Ground Cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon Ground Ginger
2. Add the bicarbonate soda, golden syrup and egg yolk and stir until well combined.
3. Sift the flour and spices into the bowl and mix very well!
4. Shape into a ball and knead lightly on a work surface until smooth.
5. Wrap in cling film and leave in fridge for about half an hour!
6. Thinly roll out the dough and use a gingerbread cutter ( these are easily got in discount stores ).
7. Place the shapes on a lightly greased baking sheets, leave plenty of space between the shapes.
8. Bake at 180ºc /350ºF/Gas 4 for about 10-12 minutes until a bit risen and golden!
9. Transfer to a wire tray and leave to cool.
Decorating your Gingerbread men:
* coloured icing
* melted chocolate
You can use whatever you can get your hands on! Enjoy making them and even the adults will want to get involved :)
My cousin did the gingerbread woman bikini wearing one for my dad :)
Enjoy guys and let me know if you make and decorate them by getting in touch via twitter or instagram! x